英文頻率副詞大補帖! hardly, generally, always, sometimes…

hardly, generally, always, sometimes…
發生頻率到抵有多高
這些常見的副詞發生機率大約有幾%?

 

always 100% (一定會)

always go to the library to study before exam.
我考試前都會去圖書館讀書。

usually 90% (成日)

這個副詞代表發生的頻率非常高,等於 most of the time, generally, normally, as a rule,是「通常」的意思。

Jenny usually plays golf on Sundays.
Jenny 通常禮拜天都會去打高爾夫球。

normally wouldn’t agree, but I’ll make an exception this time.
我通常不會答應,但這次我可以破例。

often 70% (通常)

這個字的中文也跟 usually 一樣,都是「往往」、「通常」,但它發生的機率比 usually 低。它的同義詞還有 frequently

I often take a nap during breaks.
我經常在休息時間小睡片刻。

My company frequently holds conferences at that hotel.
我的公司經常在那間飯店舉行會議。

sometimes 50% (有時)

這個字意指發生頻率大約「一半一半」,大致上等於 now and again/then, from time to time

We all make mistakes sometimes.
我們有時都會犯錯。

My sons play basketball after school now and then, but not as often as they used to.
我的兒子們有時放學後會去打籃球,但頻率不如以往。

occasionally 30% (偶爾)

Occasionally, things don’t go as planned.
事情有時候就是會不如預期。

seldom 10% (很少)

We seldom go to the movies.
我們很少去看電影。

hardly 5% (幾乎不)

這個字常常被人誤用,它不是 hard 的副詞,它的意思是「幾乎不」,同義詞還有 rarely

After 10 years, I could hardly recognize her.
經過了十年,我幾乎無法認出她。

She rarely talks about her past.
她幾乎不曾提起她的過去。

never 0% (從不)

He never breaks his promises.
他從不食言。

WhatsApp chat